INTERVIEW WITH CLOVER & DOT

9 August 2014

Hello friends,

Today I'll be interviewing the lovely blogger Kate from Clover and Dot. I only recently found her blog via A Little Birdy's post and I really like it let's just say it's very cool! She posts great DIY's and tips and her photos are always great quality. Enjoy!

1. Hi Kate tell me a bit about yourself?
Hello! I'm a 15 year old blogger in Arizona. I love crafts, art, graphic design, and photography. I have two dogs who are so cute, one of them is a grumpy old lady and the other is an excitable, wiggly puppy. They're BFFs (just kidding). I spend my days cleaning my room (because lately I love my room organized and perfect), blogging, and recently, weaving wall hangings.

2. How long have you been blogging for and who or what inspired you to start?
I've been blogging for about three years, but I started Clover + Dot in February. I was inspired by Kate from See Kate Sew. Once I started blogging, I discovered A Beautiful Mess by Elsie and Emma and it always inspires me to continue!

3. What would have to be your favourite thing about blogging?
The community. I've met so many lovely people through it! Also being able to talk to people who care about my day, because I'm pretty chatty and my family tends to tune out. #thestruggle

4. What occupation do you want when your older?
Graphic design, whether it be my main source of income or an on-the-side thing. I want to grow my design, handmade shop, and blog into a business I can make a living on.



5. What's your fashion style?
I've recently been thinking a lot about this. While I love bright colors, I've been drawn towards more neutral, muter colors in my wardrobe. I might say my style is modern casual, with a taste of boho. But I usually just wear pajamas all day when I'm home ;)

6. If you had to nail it down to five, who would your favourite bloggers be?
Elsie + Emma from A Beautiful Mess are #1! I also love Mandi from Vintage Revivals, Emily from Emily Jane, Katie from Skunkboy, and Kate from Scathingly Brilliant. But it's so hard to choose!

7. Is there any advice you could give to beginner bloggers out there?
Be original. It's probably the most cliche thing ever, but it's so true. In the blogging world, people are constantly copying each other and writing it off as "inspiration." The best thing you can do is be original, be yourself, be unique. I believe that Elsie's blog is where it is today because of her unique style! She wears the most interesting vintage pieces. While it might not be super trendy, I LOVE that she loves it and wears it and is original. People will recognize your uniqueness and go to your blog because you're different, in a good way!

8. What are you currently obsessed with?
Large bows, pineapples, organizing, decorating and cleaning my room like a madwoman, and blog-reading.

Thanks so much, Paris! By the way, you have the coolest name in the history of ever.

Follow Kate -


Have a lovely Sunday!
XO Beau Fleur

2 comments :

  1. This was so fun to read! Just curious, how long have you been blogging? I'm new to all this and your blog is pretty great! :) Brianna xx -denimanddaisychains.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brianna,

      I've only been blogging for seven months, and thank you so much it means a lot when you say that!

      Paris x

      Delete